On the weekend of January 24-26, the middle school will be heading to Myrtle Beach for our annual Winter Retreat. This trip is so different than any other because of all the share experiences we have as a group.
I want to quickly talk about the 5 reasons listed above so you can get an idea about why your student should go.
1) The Polar Bear Challenge-for the 6th year in a row we will be getting into the ocean for the challenge. Every year I’m amazed by the number of girls that get in and the number of guys that opt out of the challenge.
2) Merge at the Beach-Each week at Merge, we try to create an inviting and fun environment for middle school students. At Winter Retreat we take this goal and move locations. Every game and group activity are designed to bring the group together.
3) Everyone going gets a zipper hoodie-The MS ministry of RHBC has never had it’s own shirt design, so for the first ever MS design I thought we would step it up and get a zipper hoodie. It is winter after all.
4) All your friends will be there-One of the main goals for this trip is to bring students together. This means deepening friendships and creating new ones. Retreats are one of the best places to do this.
5) We are going to the Pirate Voyage show-A dinner show again provides an opportunity to have a share experience as the group. It provides us all with memories and is something we will talk about long after we have come home.
We will do all of this and have some great times of Bible study and group discussions. I’m more excited for this year’s trip than any other.